First Aid + CPR
Child Safeguarding Protocols
OIS is committed to safeguarding the health, well-being, and safety of our students and community members in line with the International Convention of the UN Charter of Safeguarding.
- Our foremost priority at OIS is to safeguard the well-being of both the children under our care as well as the faculty and staff members who look after them. We accomplish this in a variety of ways.
- On both campuses, our Property Management Team ensures that our spaces are safe and well-maintained. Both facilities undergo regular, rigorous inspection from local authorities and are outfitted with state-of-the art fire safety systems.
- The physical security of our campuses is entrusted to our Security Team and a cadre of contracted security personnel outsourced from G4S, a leading international security solutions organization. Not only do our security personnel oversee our campus perimeter, but they are also stationed on each of the classroom levels to maintain a safe environment. At both campuses, an extensive network of surveillance cameras, keep our students and employees safe and secure.
- OIS maintains a comprehensive crisis management plan to handle a variety of emergency scenarios. Faculty and staff are provided with an overall health and safety briefing at the start of each academic year, and our plan is reviewed on a regular basis. Emergency evacuation and lockdown procedures are established and practiced several times each year. A core of faculty and staff members take part in first aid and CPR training each year, and both campuses are outfitted with automatic external defibrillators (AEDs).
- We also have a robust framework to ensure the digital safety of students and staff members and a dedicated Information Technology team to ensure that students can safely use the internet at all times.
- OIS has made a commitment to child safeguarding by employing policies and procedures in various areas across the school to maintain the safety and well-being of our students and community. These concepts enable students, faculty, staff, and parents to recognise, respond to, and report cases of child abuse. This is related as well to the recruitment and employment of faculty and staff as a preventive measure. The School Management has complied with all the relevant State and International laws for Child Safeguarding. OIS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of everyone on its campuses and expects all members of the OIS community to share this commitment. All faculty, staff, employees, volunteers and students who represent the school and who interact with children or young people in both a direct and/or unsupervised capacity have to strictly adhere to the following Child Safeguarding guidelines.